Wednesday, May 5, 2010

15 days!

So wow...only 15 days. It doesn't seem real. In just 2 weeks I will be on the flight for the summer of a lifetime and I am so pumped!! God is really building up some great things and He is really preparing my heart. Prayer is the absolute most important and most needed thing right now. Our mission team needs prayer and the people who we will come in contact with need prayers as well. I am constantly praying the God will just speak through me and all the glory will be to Him and Him alone! For I am nothing without Him. I cannot even begin to fathom the wonderful and mighty things He has in store for us. He says faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains so with all my faith resting in Him, I am expecting outrageously huge miracles to occur!! God will provide! As our departure is nearing, a few things have changed, but of course, for the better. Asbury church in Birmingham (our coordinating church) wanted to begin a project called Sozo Children International. The word  sozo means to save a suffering one. The organization was developed to plant orphanages in different areas of the world, one being Kampala. The details are still in the works, but as of right now the organization is set up where each child in the orphanages will have 3 sponsors (health, education, and basic needs). This project was supposed to span a couple of years of planning and developing, but in God's perfect timing a need arose in Kampala. Two members of our mission team, Jay and Allen, are already in Kampala and they have been working with an orphanage there. Not long ago, we received word that the orphanage was being shut down by the government and all the kids would just be left to fend for themselves. So this is where Sozo begins. Jay and Allen are taking 20 of the kids and starting the first orphanage, where we will now be spending a lot of our time this summer!! How AWESOME!! God is Great! If you follow this link you can see the video that Jay and Allen created...
WARNING: I cried... just letting you know!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqJL1iMrg-8
It is truly amazing. As I watched the video peace and affirmation flooded within my heart. God is really doing something incredible here and I am blessed beyond measure to be a part of it!!!

I'll keep you posted! Thank you for all of the prayers and donations!

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. " -Ephesians 3:20




No comments:

Post a Comment